Thursday, September 29, 2005

I've Been Framed!



Edisto Clouds Oil on board 30" x 10" Click for larger image

Yesterday was like Christmas and my wife was like Santa. When I got home from work I found that she had gone by the framer's shop and picked up a landscape painting that I had sent in. I haven't framed anything of my own in quite some time, so it was really nice to see a piece of mine all dressed up in linen and mahogany.

I apologize for the distortion, but I couldn't get a decent angle without major glare. Many of you may have seen this piece before, but if you haven't, you can see a less distorted view by clicking here.

I'd also like to take a moment to say I know I'm falling way behind on my blog updates. Large projects at work and at home have kept me from my easel and sketch book lately. So please keep in mind the name of the blog you're looking at.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You are missed, but we understand.

This is the best surprise to come home too. Clearly, your wife loves you.

Find time soon. Us blood thursty art folk need a fresh supply of creative daily.

Your bud,

Big H

Chuck Rose said...

Hey Wally, I figured I had get SOMETHING up today or I'd be in real trouble with the pose.

BTW, I loved the architectual painting you did.

Cin said...

Wow, Chuck, this is amazing! I have no clue how something like this is done, I find it astonishing. Beautiful beautiful work.

Chuck Rose said...

Thanks Cindy. I don't know either. That's my problem... lack of consistancy. :-D

Anonymous said...

hey Chuck,

This is really beautiful. Is this Edisto as in Edisto Island? My aunt just moved after living there for many years. If you ever want to sell it, I'm sure she'd want to buy it. ching ching $$$

Chuck Rose said...

Wow. It is Edisto Island. We went there 2 years ago for vacation. Really cool little place. A friend of ours is a teacher there.

And thanks for the money tip!

inki said...

Very nice Chuck, keep up the great work!
Dede

Laureline said...

This is so exciting! It turned out beautifully. Hey, have you ever thought about doing Maine landscape/seascapes ? ;D

Carolyn said...

It looks amazing Chuck! Isn't it nice to have such a supportive spouse?! Very very nice!