Thursday, September 07, 2006

Rainy Day on the Farm - Oil on 4"x 6" canvas board.

I went out this past Saturday (during our rain storm) looking for the perfect overcast landscape. I took a lot of photos but this is one little study that I jumped on right away. I had trouble photogrphing the finished piece however. It's still too wet to scan, so the color harmony is a bit off, but I think you get the idea.

You can see from the title that it is small. I'm taking a lesson from Amanda on how we can make small paintings important. I hope.

2 comments:

D. EVANS said...

Now that's what I'm talking about. This is beautiful. Love how the trees over the hill recede into mist. Remember the eyeball is always watching. ;)

Chuck Rose said...

Damn you and your eyeball Dave... Damn you.

Seriously, thanks for the nudge.