Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Peppers on the cutting block - step one


The other night my daughter was helping my wife cook. We were having fajitas and she was cutting up peppers to put into the mix. I looked down and saw how beautiful the veggies were on the cutting board. Had to paint this...

So. I came home from work tonight and I thought, "no problem, I can knock this out in one session.

Right....

Well, it took me about 2 and a half hours to get the background where I wanted it. That's what you're seeing now.

I will follow up with the completion of this painting in the next few days. But I thought I would go ahead and post what I have.

Anyway.. Here's step one. If all goes well, I'll finish this tomorrow night.

Ouuu... does that make this a blog cliffhanger????!!!

Tune in next time....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuck, this is great--such fun to see things in process! And think of the practice you're getting with veggies for your cabinet fronts!
Signed,
Hanging, Just Barely, from a Cliff

ROR said...

Geee come on now Chuck, what you have now is Art on the "Cutting" edge.....
Awesome as usual Bro....

Chuck Rose said...

Hey Laura,
I have to admit I had this in the back of my mind as a warm up for the cabinets. For some reason I am fixated on veggies right now. Don't know why. :-)

Chuck Rose said...

Alright smarty pants. I never said I could type!

Carolyn said...

Oooo Chuck, this is going to be so fun to see your painting step by step...
Signed,
Peppered with Anticipation

pedalpower said...

Looks great-fun to watch as you paint!

Grangry said...

Its a good start - really nice composition.

Anonymous said...

Hum, interesting. I'm thinking of tackling a bowl of poridge for a post on my website. Of course it won't be up to your standard but it's good to get a clue how to start.

Colonial Crest Crew said...

We like your blog so much, we've decided to name you "Top Blog of the Day." Nice work!

Chuck Rose said...

Gentlemen of the CCC - Thanks you for this most auspicious honor. I shall try to be worthy of your endorsement.

Unknown said...

I love this whole seria!