Monday, August 21, 2006

For Wally's poetry marathon

I made changes to this based on feedback from a lot of you to push the background back. I also wanted to use it to resond to Wally's call for entries to his poetry marathon. The poem is below...

Think Like a Tree

by Karen I. Shragg

Soak up the sun
Affirm life's magic
Be graceful in the wind
Stand tall after a storm
Feel refreshed after it rains
Grow strong without notice
Be prepared for each season
Provide shelter to strangers
Hang tough through a cold spell
Emerge renewed at the first signs of spring
Stay deeply rooted while reaching for the sky
Be still long enough to
hear your own leaves rustling.



NIce job on this one. LIke seeing the progress. Oils have always frustrated me. I can't let them do what they want to do. I keep trying to make them do things they shouldn't. Keep up the good work.

Dave said...

The glaze really helped to unify everything. Nice job. Now as a little Georgian friend of mine says "more more more".

Chuck Rose said...

Thanks guys. Yes, more more more. Time to do more.

Laura said...

Waah. I liked the orange one. Of course this is very nice, too, but the orange one was so robust.

Chuck Rose said...

Shoot. You know how I hate to dissappoint you. :-(

Parapluie said...

Thanks for sharing the painting and poem. There is only so much time to do more. I can't see how you can do the painting and the poem and the blogging in quantity sustaining quality. I think you have given and thank you again.